Benefits Card

The P&A Group Benefits Card is a convenient debit card that can simplify the process of paying for eligible expenses under your FSA, HRA, or HSA, such as co-payments, prescriptions, glasses, dental expenses, and more. To check your card’s balance, simply log in to your My Benefits account, available 24 hours a day.

Where you can use your card

You can use your Benefits Card at any authorized merchant or healthcare provider that accepts MasterCard. The card can also be used at mixed-use stores, such as supermarkets, large drugstores, and superstores, but only for eligible items.

Using your Benefits Card as credit or debit

You can use your Benefits Card as a “credit” transaction (even though the amount will be debited from your account), which will require you to sign for your purchase. You also have the option of running your card, which will requires you to enter a PIN (personal identification number). You can register and retrieve your PIN by logging in to your My Benefits account and choosing “New Debit Card PIN Information” and following the instructions. 

How to order a new card

You can order a new FSA Benefits Card by calling our Customer Service department at (800) 688-2611 or by filling out the online Additional Benefits Card Request form. The form is available from within your My Benefits account

You will need to keep your card for the next plan year. Assuming participation is continued in the next plan year, we will reload the card with the new annual election amount. Cards are valid for three years.

What to do if your card is lost or stolen

If a card is lost or stolen, please contact our Customer Service department at (800) 688-2611, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST. You can also log in to your My Benefits account and choose the "Report a Lost or Stolen Card" link that is located under the correct account. Your card will be turned off immediately and a new card will be issued. 

What to do if your doctor or pharmacy doesn’t accept the debit card

If a provider doesn’t accept the debit card, you can submit for reimbursement manually. Log in to your My Benefits account. You can also make a copy of your receipt and submit it to the P&A Group, along with a claim form.

Using your card to pay for eligible dependent care expenses

You may use your debit card, providing your day care provider accepts it. You will be reimbursed the amount on your claim up to the total amount in your account. If the claim cannot be paid in full, the system will reimburse you as the money accumulates in your account. If your day care provider does not accept the debit card, you will be required to complete a claim form for reimbursement.

Why you should keep copies of receipts and statement

In order for the FSA plan to maintain compliance with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, claims are subject to audit and verification that expenses charged to the debit card are eligible expenses. Claims may be randomly selected for verification. Therefore, you must keep copies of all receipts and itemized statements (not credit card receipts) for eligible FSA expenses to be provided to the P&A Group upon written request.